Exploring the St Matthews area of Louisville KY
If you are on the search for a new home, then you absolutely must learn about St. Matthews, one of the most acclaimed and luxurious of all Louisville real estate locations. St. Matthews has 12 prime neighborhoods to choose from, all accommodating to your wants and needs. Every area of St. Matthews’s real estate has its own unique character and scenic views, appealing to interested home buyers of every type. Let me tell you more about each neighborhood.
• Beechwood Village – Established in the mid 1950’s, the City of Beechwood Village is bounded by Hubbards Lane and Shelbyville Road. With less than 600 homes in the city, the neighborhood boasts long-time community ties with its residents, many have lived there longer than 50 years. One of the most desirable locations in Eastern Louisville, the city offers not only tranquility and peacefulness to residents, but also convenient access to the best restaurants, shoppes, banks, and more. Annual events in the City of Beechwood Village continues to strengthen the camaraderie of the community, including the 4th of July Bike Parade & Ice Cream Party, the December Santa visit, a holiday decorating contest with awards, a summer city wide yard sale, and the annual community picnic.
• Bellewood – The neighborhood of Bellewood is home to less than 400 residents, and is continuing to grow at a slow and steady pace in Jefferson County. Home to the annual Bellewood Youth Film Festival, the small, beautiful neighborhood has a wonderful reputation for being a close-knit community. Bellewood gained attention back in 2012 when Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games brought attention to a charity close to her heart from her hometown of Louisville- Bellewood Home for Children. The neighborhood is bounded by US 60 and US 42, giving residents quick access to anywhere they need to go in Jefferson County. You will love the character of Bellewood!
• Cherokee Gardens – The Olmsted Brothers developed and planned Cherokee Gardens in the late 1920’s as an expansion of the naturally wooded area and nearby Cherokee Park. The area is contained within Lexington Road, I-64, and Cannons Lane. Large estates around the park and subdivisions built mostly between the 1920’s – 1950’s are an integral part of the Cherokee Triangle offerings. Cherokee Gardens embraces the artistic Louisville culture, including concert filled summers held in Cherokee Triangle and art shows. Some of the nation’s best mountain biking trails can be found nearby in Cherokee Park. Residents in Cherokee Gardens enjoy quiet, beautiful, tranquil surroundings they are able to relax in and enjoy daily, just by being home.
• Fairlawn - When you visit the Fairlawn area, you are sure to fall in love with the friendly, dynamic neighborhood. Located in the heart of St. Matthews, residents are within walking distance of great schools; Sacred Heart Academy, Trinity High School, and Holy Spirit, as well as Seneca Park. The St. Matthews business district is within walking distance, making even the simplest of errands or dining out a breeze. Known as one of the safest and most distinctive neighborhoods in Jefferson County, a Fairlawn home purchase is an investment worth making.
• Indian Hills – The City of Indian Hills is considered one of the top prestigious and prosperous suburbs in all of America. Covering 2 square miles and home to about 3000 people, Indian Hills is the perfect place to live, whether you are by yourself or raising a family. House lots are large, and the homes are stylish and exceptionally elegant. State of the art home features and the enchanting, wooded surroundings makes Indian Hills one of the most coveted place to own real estate in Louisville.
• Mockingbird Valley/ Gardens - Mockingbird Valley & Mockingbird Gardens have long been referred to as a “country enclave.” The city is located on the Ohio River, and is spectacularly filled with rolling hills, dense trees, rock outcroppings, and river bluffs. This city takes pride in its reputation and history, and they make their residents feel right at home by keeping the vast majority of the city zoned residential. Mockingbird Valley has the highest per capita income in all of Kentucky, and the 2000 census ranked it as the 10th highest of the entire United States. The wealthy and exclusive neighborhoods are exquisite and over-sized, giving homeowners everything they could possibly need and more.
• Richlawn – The City of Richlawn is quaint and charming. With a population of about 425 residents and 199 houses, the quiet and mature neighborhood is not only an idyllic place to live, but it’s rustic and unspoiled characteristics make the community one of the most magnificent places in all of Jefferson County to call home. Manicured landscapes and pristine homes are found throughout the entire city. Richlawn holds annual and community events, such as a city wide yard sale and holiday festivities.
• Riedlonn - The Riedlonn neighborhood is found in an enclave between Regan Road, Brownsboro Road, Birchwood Avenue, and Zorn Avenue. Riedlonn does not have sidewalks and has picturesque homes featuring a variety of architecture; English, Georgian, Tudor, and French Cottage. There is nearby access to Barrett Traditional Middle School, Chenoweth Elementary, and St. Leonard’s K-8. Houses in the area are approximately 20 – 80 years old, including larger 2-story Georgians and quaint cottages. The original property in the subdivision, Selema Hall was built in 1837 and is the pride of the community. Trees standing over 50 feet tall provide the canopy of shade you desire the most in the summer, and since there is not any place for traffic to cut through, the neighborhood offers the peacefulness, tranquility, and amenities homeowners yearn for the most.
• Riverwood – The Riverwood subdivision consists of 182 houses and a population of around 450 people. The average house in Riverwood has 9 rooms, and was built around 1967. Spacious, magnificent homes are found throughout Riverwood. With an unemployment rate of less than .5%, the neighborhood maintains it’s safe and exclusive surroundings with ease. The prosperous community offers residents the small town comforts while still providing convenient access to the best of Louisville.
• Rolling Fields – The City of Rolling Fields is one of the wealthiest cities in all of Kentucky. Close to Louisville Country Club, residents can enjoy the best of life without having to leave the luxury of their community. There are less than 700 residents in the city of Rolling Fields. The small city is adjacent to the pristine cities of Mockingbird Valley and Indian Hills, two of the other wealthiest cities in Kentucky. Located just east of Mockingbird Valley Road and north of Brownsboro Road, residents have access to the best shopping, dining, and recreational destinations in Louisville. The charm of the area is characterized by older, luxurious homes that are well established and significantly abundant in amenities.
• Windy Hills – The City of Windy Hills is classified as a historic city in Kentucky, and is located on the Muddy Fork of Beargrass Creek. Early pioneers from Pennsylvania and Virginia built elaborate and magnificent homes that still deliver on luxury and privacy to residents today. It is bound between Brownsboro Road, I-264, North Hubbards Lane, and Westport Road. Daily activities like dining and shopping can be done on foot, since there are local shoppes, grocers, and restaurants within walking distance. The schools are outstanding and award winning. The neighborly atmosphere in the community is excellent, and the residents are more than welcoming. The unique features of Windy Hills cannot be ignored.
• Woodlawn Park – The City of Woodlawn Park is located at the site of the former world famous, Woodlawn Race Course. The current population is just a little over 1000, and the homes are elaborate and perfect for anyone who desires luxury, neighborly neighbors, and peacefulness in their lifestyle. The beautiful and majestic surroundings make this city a prime location for homebuyers who want to get settled in pure comfort with their next home. Do not miss the opportunity to check out the listings in the City of Woodlawn Park.
Houses for sale in St. Matthews are some of the most prestigious, gorgeous, and stunning in all of Jefferson County. With close access to Shelbyville Road, Lexington Road, Brownsboro Road, Interstates, and the Louisville International Airport, your next home is only minutes away from a vast array of Louisville destinations. Nearby shopping centers, malls, recreational attractions, excellent public and private schools, child care centers, hospitals, and restaurants of varying cuisines makes it easy to enjoy a quality life without having to travel too far from home. If you are interested in finding out about current listings in the St. Matthews area, contact us today. Don’t wait because St. Matthews is one of the most desirable areas in all of Louisville, Kentucky, and the homes sell fast!